GT Blue Lightning 1x8 sp Garbaruk
1998 GT “Blue” Lightning by Vintage Biker | XTR | Garbaruk | SID
Here is a once in a lifetime opportunity to obtain a unique vintage MTB Build based on a 1998 titanium GT Lightning frame. This bike is built by me, Vintage Biker (@vintagebikercom) with the finest parts available from the golden 90s MTB era, partly new old stock.
With this project VB combined era appropriate components with some modern and custom features. To name a few highlights:
A complete Shimano XTR M950 drivetrain equipped with a modern direct mount spiderless Garbaruk gold anodized front chainring, resulting in a 1x8 speed gearing.
- In house made custom multilayer decals matching the different components of this bike.
- A mint first generation RockShox SID fork with new repro decals (exact original replicas).
- Syncros hardware with custom golden lettering.
Some of the NOS parts applied:
- Shimano XTR M950 wheelset with FIR rims
- Shimano XTR M950 cranks (175mm)
- Schwalbe Black Shark/Arrow blue tires with black walls (original boxing included)
Further a lot of new parts (all chosen with care and with respect to the 90s era) were applied, such as matching blue Oury grips, a white perforated Selle Italia Flite re-issue saddle, white cables, lightweight HT Components Cheetah pedals, etc. etc. Check the specsheet for the full spec of this amazing build!